Iced Cookies with a Twist
The best cookies to leave for Santa: iced cookies, but with a twist – instead of a basic sugar cookie, make it chocolate! We know Santa loves chocolate as much as we do.
Chocolate Cut-Out Cookies (Decorated)
350° oven, ungreased baking sheets, 6-8 minutes
- 4 bars (8 oz. box) semi-sweet baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2-2/3 C all purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- 6 T butter, softened
- 3 T granulated sugar
- ½ C light or dark corn syrup
- ¼ C water
- Decorator icing (colored icing in tubes work well), sugar sprinkles, and candy decorations of your choice.
- Microwave baking bars in medium-size bowl on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave for additional 10 to 20 second intervals, stirring until smooth; cool to room temperature. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a second medium-size bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in small mixer bowl until creamy; beat in syrup and chocolate. Alternately beat in flour mixture and water. Divide and shape into 2 round discs; wrap in plastic wrap; chill just until firm.
- Roll each disc 10 1/4-inch thickness between sheets of waxed paper; cut with [cookie cutters (may we suggest something like this)]; place on ungreased baking sheets. Chill again if dough becomes too soft while you’re rolling and cutting.
- Bake for six to eight minutes or until set; let stand for two minutes before removing to wire racks to completely cool.
- Decorate with colored icing and candy sprinkles as desired.
C = Cup; T = Tablespoon; t = teaspoon
I don’t think I’ve ever been served a decorated chocolate cookie – and seeing how simple this recipe is, I really wonder why?
Personally, I would flavor my icing – orange, raspberry, peppermint – or sprinkle the icing with crushed candy canes! Yeah, that would be great! If you decide to try this one, send us your results – and suggestions for personal flavor flair.
Santa will love them any way you bake them. Oh – and how about serving them on an awesome Santa plates – it looks .. Scandinavian to me, don’t you agree? I think it will hold all three dozen cookies you’ve just baked.
You’ll call 1-800-445-3396, ext. 192, to order this platter – #335-333, $29.99.
Keep the yummy spirit of Christmas alive in the kitchen with us this holiday season! Back with another cookie recipe soon.
~Janet @ The Incredible Christmas Place.